Before you move to a new city like Tulsa, it is usually best to get yourself up to speed on the lay of the land, the common lingo, and some general knowledge of what to expect in Tulsa. Professional Tulsa movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage have a list of 15 things you should know about the city, and what to expect in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
1. College football is an obsession, a lifestyle, and a passion. Over the last 75 years, Oklahoma has the most wins and best winning percentage in college football. ESPN also ranked Oklahoma State as the most prestigious college football program.
2. Everyone eats Sonic, all the time.
3. Crowds and traffic are not really an issue here. Cue the sigh of relief if you are coming from Los Angeles.
4. When someone says “the city”, they are referring to Oklahoma City.
5. Paseo Arts District is one of the best spots in the country to check out art galleries.
6. Coke does not mean Coca-Cola. You will have to specify if you want a Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, or anything in between.
7. Oklahoma is home to some very famous people, like Chuck Norris, Carrie Underwood, Olivia Munn, Brad Pitt and Garth Brooks
8. Thunder is not just a term describing outdoor weather conditions. Tulsa and Oklahoma residents, like your professional Tulsa movers, are fanatics of the OKC Thunder, who are the second youngest NBA Finals team in history.
9. “Sooner” is not referring to a very short amount of time. It refers to a passionate fan of the Oklahoma Sooners football team.
10. Chicken fried steak does not include chicken. When you order chicken fried steak, you will get a piece of steak fried like chicken and covered in gravy.
11. When residents and professional Tulsa movers say “chat”, they actually mean gravel, not a casual conversation.
12. When people say Miami, they are not referring to the tropical city in Florida. It means Miami, Oklahoma.
13. Neighbors and friends take on a different meaning here. Especially in Tulsa, neighbors and friends are very close, and would do anything to help you.
14. The weather can be a bit temperamental.
15. Nothing beats the sky views at night. With all of Oklahoma’s wide open spaces, it is not just above you, it is all around you.
All My Sons professional Tulsa movers will help make your transition to the Sooner State easier with these tips on what to expect in Tulsa!