Dinosaurs are coming back to life thanks to the Walking With Dinosaurs: The Arena Spectacular. However, they have made special early appearances in Tulsa this month prior to their upcoming show at Tulsa’s BOK center.
As Baby-T, one of the smallest life-like dinosaurs, stomped through gymnasiums such as the one at Sequoyah Elementary School, children could not help but get a closer look and reach for this captivating replica.
Baby-T, a one-man operated puppet, is only a small part of what you can expect at the Walking With Dinosaurs show. There are larger dinosaurs that tower over Baby-T and are a three-person operation. But do not let the fact that these are puppets fool you; these spectacular machines move and react freakishly lifelike.
Next month, the Walking With Dinosaurs show will be scheduled for three viewings, so be sure to jump on the opportunity quickly. November 11th there will be an evening show at 7:30PM and a 3:30PM showing on the 12th. The tickets range from $25 to $75 depending on how up-close and personal you dare to be with the large creatures.
The show at the BOK center presents 20 stunning dinosaurs from ten different species which were alive during the Cretaceous period. The dinosaurs are always being improved, as several paleontologists work to keep the dinosaurs looking as accurate as possible. Over the years, paleontologists discover new details; such as, the fact that dinosaurs were feathered. The new detail was added to this year’s show in order to honor the dinosaurs in the best way they can. The lifelike dinosaur show is entertaining for all ages so bring the entire family to this extra special event.
If you are moving to Tulsa, you can expect to see several attractions and shows just like this one, being featured throughout the area. Tulsa is a great town, with several good schools that bring in new and exciting ways for students to learn, like through Baby-T and his show. Call All My Sons Moving Company of Tulsa today and get personalized advice on the best community in Tulsa to suit you and your family.
If you are moving to Tulsa this fall be sure that you and your family participate in all of Tulsa’s finest traditions.
The fall season is one of Tulsa’s best seasons! The excitement of the holidays is in the air and the stadiums are booming with joy and excitement. But there is so much that needs to be experienced in the next two short months that you may not know where to begin.
If you are moving to Tulsa, here is a short list of the top fall traditions to partake in:
- It is football season…and football in Tulsa is huge! Regardless of whether or not you have children in high school, be sure to attend a local high school football game. The local high school football games draw large crowds and are a great way to show support for your new community. If you have younger children that will be enrolling in school, this is also a great way to show them what they have to look forward to. The most popular game to spectate is the yearly rivalry game between Union and Owasso High Schools.
- Once you have dipped your toes into high school football, kick it up a notch and attend a University of Tulsa football game. And do not forget to tailgate! Tailgating can help you make friends in the community AND is a lot of fun!
- Pick up your Halloween essentials at your local pumpkin patch. If you have younger kids, picking pumpkins is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon together and you can even spend the rest of the weekend carving them.
- Take your family to OktoberFest at River West Festival Park. This four day festival starts October 16th and is filled with great music, food, and games with your entire family to enjoy.
- The following week, go watch the BooHaHa Parade in Brookside. This is Oklahoma’s largest Halloween event with food, trick-or-treating, and costume contests for both pets and kids.
- Speaking of animals, the zoo also hosts a Halloween event called HallowZOOeen. Never been trick-or-treating in a zoo before? Bring your kids to trick-or-treat while surrounded by all of their favorite furry-friends! The event takes place October 27th through the 31st and all proceeds go towards improving the zoo.
- Don’t forget to end your Halloween festivities by visiting the Halloween Festival at Castle of Muskogee. The 60 acre Halloween theme park has several scary events to choose from.
- Kick off the Christmas cheer by joining in on the day of Thanksgiving for the lighting of Utica Square. Commencing at 6:30 p.m., you will be able to enjoy carols and hot chocolate while witnessing the breath-taking light display.
The fall season in Tulsa is packed with festivities that everyone moving to Tulsa should experience. Call your Tulsa movers today, get settled in this fall, and get a head start on the fall Tulsa traditions.
In 2014 Oklahoma leads the nation in seismic activity – even more than California. Since we wrang in the new year, Oklahoma has reported more than 200 earthquakes with a magnitude of 3.0 or greater. This new irregularity has people curious as to what is causing this dramatic increase in quakes. Two years ago they averaged two 3.0+ quakes a year, its increased to two a day. Many people believe its attributed to the increase in fracking and fluid injection from oil companies in Oklahoma, others believe its a combination of many things. But one thing is certain, Oklahoma homeowners must be prepared.
Somethings residents in Oklahoma experiencing earthquakes can do to protect themselves and their belongings are the following:
1. Move your bookshelves and other tall items away from couches and beds. Doing this will prevent them from falling on top of you.
2. Place heavier objects on lower shelves and in lower cabinets. Decreases fall and damage to other belongings or yourself.
3. Be sure any heavier and or taller appliances are secured and steady, like water heaters, washer-dryer stacks, and refrigerators.
4. Make sure you have your home covered with earthquake insurance so you don’t fret over damage done.
5. During the quake, be sure to drop to the floor so you are not thrown to it, and hide your head and neck, or whole body if you can, underneath a sturdy table.
If Oklahoma homeowners are prepared for an earthquake, then they can prevent the quake from doing too much damage. Your local Tulsa moving company knows how valuable your home is to you, and we want to ensure you are prepared to protect it, even in the worst circumstances.
If you are a parent of school children, the following news will make your kids’ day! Tulsa’s public school district has just approved an early release program which will enable school board members take advantage of faculty development time. With the exception of August, December, and May, every last-Friday-of-the-month will be an early release day on which students will enjoy mid-day departure after lunch. While students will love kick starting the weekend early, they will also benefit in the long run as teachers and staff will utilize the time to plan for improved scholastic achievement. This is one win-win scenario that your Tulsa professional movers are sure your kids will approve!
Your Tulsa movers are glad to see the boost in local economic activity thanks to the success of the Oklahoma City Thunder! The Thunder are set for the playoffs after taking down the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night’s game and becoming the Western Conference Champions! Vendor tents and stands have been popping up left and right around Tulsa, which is great for the city as vendors purchase licenses from the city to conduct business. Aside from the boost in economic activity in Tulsa, your local movers here are also glad to see a boost in moral among Thunder fans! Thunder Fever is certainly something your residential movers in Tulsa here can get used to!
Don’t expect the weather we saw last Friday in Tulsa to grace us with its presence this weekend, your local movers here are gearing up for harsh winter weather and possible snow! If you happen to be relocating to your new home this weekend with local Tulsa professional movers, you’ll definitely appreciate the convenience the most reputable Oklahoma moving companies have to offer you; regardless of weather conditions! Even if weekend moving plans don’t grace your schedule, you should prepare for a cold one! Bundle up, Tulsa, we’re in for several days of below freezing temperatures and possible snow as well; your Tulsa professional movers hope you stay warm, and if you’re moving with us, we know you will!
Sports and outdoors enthusiasts in Tulsa should consider attending one of Dick’s Sporting Goods’ three grand opening events all taking place the weekend of November 4th. Celebrating the first Dick’s Sporting Goods locations in Oklahoma, the nation-wide sports and outdoors store is going to commemorate their move to the Tulsa and Broken Arrow areas in a big way!
Several big-name sports celebrities will be attending the weekend’s events; Barry Sanders will be among the well-known athletes in attendance. There will also be a 3,000 gallon bass tank for fishing enthusiasts. For more information check out Dick’s website, the weekend is sure to be loads of fun! Your Tulsa relocation experts sure are glad the Dick’s is moving to Oklahoma!
Of all the ideal retirement towns there are, moving to Broken Arrow seems to be a popular option for retirees who live an exciting lifestyle. Broken Arrow is very retiree-friendly; the town has a 20,000-square-foot YMCA center with several programs intended for older active adults. For those who love the great outdoors, Broken Arrow boasts several beautiful golf courses as well as biking and walking trails. Recently, Broken Arrow has seen many one-story homes on the market priced in the low $100,000’s. Affordable living goes well with affordable moving and storage services. Tulsa area movers are available to make your transition to Broken Arrow Oklahoma as stress-free as possible!
Your Tulsa movers are pleased to see that job availability is beginning to return to the local area. Within the last year, the unemployment rate has fallen to 6.4% which is the lowest it has been in over two years! As things are looking up in the local job market, many families have been moving to Tulsa in search of promising career opportunity. Your moving professionals here are always looking for talented individuals to welcome aboard. Moving to Tulsa soon?
For parents of college students, the urgent need may arise for a Tulsa area storage solution; especially during the school year. Convenient storage options are available for keeping your college student’s belongings safe but out of the way! Climate controlled, secure units are available to rent on a month-to-month basis, and can even be prorated by the day to ensure a fair and convenient storage experience. Just think about all the possibilities there are for the space being taken up, de-cluttering with the help of your storage experts in Tulsa just may be your best bet if you’re not getting the best out of the space your home has to offer.